Peacefully situated opposite the church on the edge of the village of
Fownhope on the B4224 in the Wye Valley. In an area of outstanding natural beauty, midway between Hereford and
Ross-on-Wye. Ideal for touring, walking, and exploring the Welsh Borders,
Malverns, Cotswolds, Brecon Beacons and the wooded countryside of
Formally a 17th century stone built farmhouse.
The Bowens has been tastefully restored to form a small, friendly family run country
hotel set in 2 acres of beautifully manicured gardens.
Comfortable, well appointed bedrooms, all fully
en-suite each with TV, telephone, central heating and tea/coffee
- Oak beamed lounge with inglenook fireplace.
- Superb home-cooked meals, including vegetarian dishes, using local/home produce.
- Residential and restaurant licence.
- Bargain breaks available.
- English Tourist Board & AA 4 Diamonds.
- Read the Daily Telegraph review of the Bowens Country Hotel.
We are committed to making your stay a pleasure
We hope you enjoy this site. Please take the time to look around
and return again soon. - Mrs Carol Hart